- eCASE simplifies the patient journey
- Patients do not need to visit with more than one healthcare practitioner when eCASE is part of the solution.
- eCASE will improve patient outcomes
- Upon further scale-up, access to many differing specialty areas will be advanced through eCASE.
- Family physicians develop deeper knowledge on their patients’ conditions through repeated use of eCASE.
- eCASE can reduce systemic costs
- For appropriate non-urgent cases, eCASE provides a more cost-effective method of initiating treatment when compared to traditional referrals.
- eCASE strengthens the connection between Primary and Specialty care
- eCASE provides a new channel for communication and problem-solving between family physicians and specialists; relationships are developed and strengthened over time.
- Avoiding the travel and wait-times associated with a specialist visit.
- The timelier initiation of treatment or diagnostics.
- Having their care delivered by the provider that they are most used to.
- More effective specialist visits if action can be taken in anticipation of the appointment.
Benefits for Specialists:
- Reducing specialty wait-lists across the system, improving specialists’ capacity to see necessary cases in person.
- Access to a flexible model of co-managing patients, allowing specialists to address questions at their convenience (within 7 days).
- eCASE provides a way for family physicians to be updated on the newest treatments, therapies, and health services relevant to the specialty area in question.
- Specialists are remunerated providing advice on managing patient care.
Benefits for Family Physicians:
- eCASE acts as a resource to direct your patient’s care, expanding family physicians’ functional scope of practice to deliver care in the communities where patients reside.
- Knowledge is translated from specialists to family physicians through using this service over time, improving family physicians’ ability to address patient care needs.
- Being updated on the newest treatments, therapies, and health services within participating specialty areas.
Login to dr2dr for eCASE:
If you would like to sign up or have any additional questions or concerns, please contact Nico Miraftab at 604-682-2344 ext. 66522, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.